Benefits & Advantages
- Reduce detention storage by up to 50%.
- Maintain a constant discharge rate regardless of water surface elevation.
- Lower peak stages for flood control and substantial savings in import fill costs on low lying sites.
- Offset the effects of Impaired Waters/TMDL requirements.
- Retrofit existing systems to provide improved flood protection.
- Dampen fluctuations in discharge rates to sensitive streams and receiving waters.
- Reduce the cost of stormwater pond construction and recurring maintenance costs such as mowing.
- Minimize the size of underground vaults or storage chambers.
- Retrofit existing systems to create new, buildable land.
- Passive operation - Buoyancy does all the work.
- Minimize encroachments by stormwater facilities into sensitive wetlands.
- Regulate wetland hydroperiods.
- Dampen surge effects in industrial or wastewater treatment processes.
- Self skimming feature prevents discharge of oils, greases, and other floating debris.
- Easy installation - See a video of an actual installation here.